About the International Medical Care Department
Conveniently located in the center of Tokyo, Tokyo Medical University Hospital (TMUH) is a large facility providing cutting-edge medical care. The International Medical Care Department (IMCD) was re-launched in September 2018, with the aim of serving the international community by providing the same level of state-of-the-art care and support to foreign and domestic patients alike. Moreover, as necessary, the IMCD serves as a platform in providing consultations and referral arrangements to the appropriate clinical departments of TMUH for foreign patients residing in or travelling in Japan.
Types of Available Consultations
1. Medical care provided under Japanese health insurance
- Patients who wish to receive medical care in a specific clinical department
- Patients who are unsure which clinical department to see
- Patients with abnormal test results with an unknown diagnosis who wish to receive care
- Patients referred to IMCD from other clinical departments within or outside TMHU
2. Medical care provided outside of Japanese health insurance
- Patients who wish to undergo health examinations (You must contact a medical coordinator in your country who will liaison with us)
- Patients who wish to receive medical care but do not qualify for Japanese health insurance
Consultation is by appointment only on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays between 8:30-11:00 am.
How to make an Appointment
To schedule an appointment, please visit TMUH website http://hospinfo.tokyo-med.ac.jp/ and follow the instructions for first-time visitors.
We provide language assistance in English for patients with limited Japanese proficiency in coordination with the Department of International Medical Communications, to assist in communications between patients and health care providers.
Telephone: 03-3342-6111 (The International Medical Care Department)
Tatsuto Ashizawa, M.D.
Professor, Tokyo Medical University
Director, International Medical Care Department
Medical Officer, Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare
Japanese Society of Hospital General Medicine (Board Certified Physician)
Japanese Society of Anti-aging Medicine (Board Certified Specialist)
Japan Surgical Society (Board Certified Specialist/Instructor)
The Japanese Society of Gastroenterological Society (Board Certified Specialist/Instructor)
The Japan Society of Hepatology (Board Certified Specialist/Instructor)
Japan Medical Association (Board Certified Occupational Physician)
- 健診・検診のデータ（検査、画像 etc.）等に異常があり原因が不明な患者さん